Naturopathic Oncologist | ND, L.Ac., FABNO
Favorite Mantra: “Be tough, yet gentle. Humble, yet bold. Swayed always by beauty and truth.” – Bob Pieh
Dr. Peterson was born in northern Minnesota and raised recreating and working in environmental stewardship of Minnesota’s many famous streams, lakes, and forests.
Dr. Peterson has over 20 years of experience in traditional and complementary, holistic education program administration. Before his education, training, and career in naturopathic medicine, Dr. Peterson worked in outdoor education and had the great pleasure of guiding people on remote wilderness expeditions. Dr. Peterson has worked all over the U.S. and in various international locations. He continues to “sneak” out and teach outdoor recreation in his free time.
Dr. Peterson is an Adjunct Faculty member at Bastyr University in Naturopathic Medicine, Acupuncture, and East Asian Medicine departments. In addition, he teaches didactic classes and supervises students at The Bastyr Center for Natural Health, the teaching clinic of the university.
- 1995 – University of Minnesota – Duluth, BS in Biology and minor in Chemistry
- 2011 – Bastyr University, Kenmore, WA, Doctor of Naturopathic Medicine, Master of Science Acupuncture
- 2011-2013 – Naturopathic Oncology & Hematology Resident, Cancer Treatment Centers of America, Midwestern Regional Medical Center, Zion, Illinois
- Fellow of the American Board of Naturopathic Oncology
- Oncology Association of Naturopathic Physicians
- Washington Association of Naturopathic Physicians
Dr. Peterson enjoys outdoor recreation and instruction, reading, fishing, and projects around the house.