Hematologist & Medical Oncologist
Favorite Mantra: “Adding life to years, not years to life.”
Dr. Lu was born and raised in the Philippines where he finished his medical degree at one of the top medical institutions in the country, the Cebu Institute of Medicine. Before leaving his home country to train in the United States, he helped run a 25-bed hospital to provide medical care to patients in need. From his experience at the hospital, he carries the importance of providing compassionate care while treating his patients.
Dr. Lu finished his Internal Medicine residency at Westchester Medical Center University Hospital in Valhalla, NY. He then completed his specialty training in Hematology and Oncology at Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center in Washington, DC, where he also served as Chief Fellow.
He served as Medical Director for the Oncology service line at Trios Hospital in Kennewick, WA, from 2013- 2017 before moving to Seattle, WA. During Dr. Lu’s time in Eastern Washington, He also raised funds for the Leukemia and Lymphoma society when he ran his first Marathon in 2016.
Dr. Lu joined Salish Cancer Center in 2018 as the Medical Director and lead Medical Hematologist and Oncologist. He is a member of the American Society of Clinical Oncology and the American Society of Hematology. He is board-certified in Internal Medicine, Medical Oncology, and Hematology.
Dr. Lu is an avid hiker and enjoys his free time backpacking and enjoying the pacific northwest scenery. He also enjoys spending quality time with his two boys, Hobart and Hughes (Golden Retrievers).
- 1997 – Cebu Velez College, Cebu City Philippines, BS in Medical Technology & Clinical Laboratory Science,
- 2002 – Cebu Institute of Medicine, Cebu City, Philippines, Doctor of Medicine
- 2010 – Internal Medicine Resident, New York Medical College at Westchester Medical Center University Hospital
- 2013 – Hematology and Oncology Fellow, Georgetown University Hospital/Washington Hospital Center
- 2012 – 2013 – Chief Fellow, Hematology and Oncology, Georgetown University Hospital/ Washington Hospital Center
- Academic excellence in Microbiology
- Academic excellence in Parasitology
- Academic excellence in Anatomy
- Academic excellence in History
- Academic excellence in Neuroanatomy
- Overall rank upon completion of Medical degree:2nd
- Philippine Medical Technology Licensure Examination September 1997 – Board Top notched (Rank: 1) out of more than 1,800 examinees
- American Board of Internal Medicine
- American Society of Hematology
- American Society of Clinical Oncology
Exploring the outdoors, loves to run, hike, backpack, kayak, and travel.